Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First Blog Post

This is the first time I have ever used a blog, but I cannot think of a better place to start. The use of a class blog, in my opinion, ties flawlessly into the course theme of technology. Furthermore, the web is becoming an increasing popular forum to have meaningful academic discussions as well as share interesting or important information. Therefore, I believe learning how to utilize a blog is an essential skill to develop. Blogs are being used by everyone from fan groups stalking their favorite musicians, to academics discussing the most recent publication in their field. I see learning how to use blogs as a real-world skill. That being said, blog writing is different then writing a formal paper, or an e-mail, or even a letter. Blog writing requires a person to be clear, concise, and relevant in their posts. One must be able to express their own opinions, or make their own contributions, while staying engaged in the group discussion. Thus, blogs force us to make connections between and among ideas in a comprehensive manner. In general, I believe good blog writing is an important skill to have and look forward to building my blog writing skills. I hope I have not bored everyone to death with my over-zealous enthusiasm; I look forward to blogging with everyone!

No comments: